Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Meet Karen K

Karen used to downplay her image to fit in at work...Guess what?
She was in the wrong line of work.

Confident, successful, stylish, contemporary, modern, fun-loving, credible and adventuresome describe Karen's ideal image for herself.

Her previous job as a social worker impacted how she dressed for work. Not wanting to make people feel uncomfortable around her by looking too successful or overdressed she downplayed her wardrobe and image.

Her friends recognized her creativity and sense of adventure...it just didn't show up in her clothing. Plus, the adjectives Karen chose for herself indicated that she was supressing her true self.

She has since changed careers and currently is working for a fashion publication while pursuing other more creative interests.

Karen comments, "Since the make-over, I feel really beautiful and am surprised at how good I can look. Because I am interested in fashion, my own sense of style and make-up is important, and the make-over gave me the tools to keep developing my own image."

Moral of today's story: Anytime you feel uncomfortable being you - you are in the wrong place, job...or with the wrong person or people. Change your environment to match who you are.

Want to learn more about how to do this for yourself? Join me at my signature workshop "Image & Essence" where I give you tools to be true to you in all areas of your life.

Make-overs performed with Face Options Mineral Cosmetics

Find out more about Bertaut Seminars

http://www.bertautbeauty.com/

Bertaut Beauty Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home