Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Early Years Make-Overs

I have been performing make-overs for as long as I can remember. I discovered this picture of me at the age of 4 holding my cat that I had dressed up and I don't even remember the cat.

Next was my dog, Lady. She was like my sister and only sibling growing up. She went everywhere with me 16 years. I only have one picture of her in a hat I had made from newspaper but I can remember many more make-over incidents with her as my model.

In the mid-80's I got Konika Snow. Notice a pattern here?

My favorite early make-overs were my trolls. In the mid-60's trolls had no decent clothes to wear. I didn't do anything for Barbie because she already had it all. I wanted to help the ones in need of my attention. Then one day as I explored my mother's sewing kit I found fabric, bric-a-brac and other essentials to design clothes for most of my trolls. Looking at this picture you can see why I didn't turn out to be a clothing designer.


Now I work on real people. What a great way to make a difference and a living...


>

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Jenya said...

OMG! Linda, these are so adorable. Love that there were no people involved - just cats, dogs and trolls! How adorable!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger KR said...

What I find refreshing is that they continue to look this wonderful! I have met several of the lucky makeovers and Linda's technique is such that they can maintain it. I don't think that happens very often - usually you get a makeover and it is so complicated that you can't keep it going. Great job Linda!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home